Recognize business and community leaders in Delta
in the 62nd Annual
Hats Off to Excellence Awards
Finalists to be recognized at the
Hats Off to Excellence Awards Gala
Friday, November 15, 2013
Delta Town & Country Inn
To nominate a candidate online by July 12, 2013 please>> click here>>
To download a hard copy nomination form please >>click here>>
Delta is a thriving municipality with a diverse business community. The annual excellence awards gala is an opportunity to recognize the businesses and the people in Delta who make a difference.
Each year we ask YOU in the community of Delta to nominate people and or businesses who you think deserve an award in any of the categories listed below. Each nomination will be considered and if shortlisted will be invited to attend an interview with the nomination committee.
Following the interview 3 individuals/businesses from EACH category will be asked to attend our Hats Off to Excellence Awards Gala as our guest and finalist. The Gala is held in November where we will then announce the winner of each category.
- Any Age
- Delta Resident who has volunteered a great deal of time and efforts to a Delta organization
Rising Star Award:
- Proven operational success and growth potential, involvement in new economic activities, innovation and community involvement
- Owned & operated a Delta business for at least one year and under 5 years
- Achieved a certain degree of financial stability through business performance
Employee Extraordinaire Award:
- Is there anyone you know who gives their all in their workplace?
- Someone who stands out, creating excellence wherever they are?
- Do people recognize this person as someone who often goes beyond the “call of duty?”
- The company they work for must be located in Delta. It can be a business, non-profit organization, corporation, association, or emergency service
Special Events & Tourism Award:
- Must be a Delta-based tourism business that has delivered a quality product/service which has contributed to the image, sustainability and professionalism of Delta
- Has excelled by demonstrating an effective marketing program and superior ability to successfully satisfy visitor expectations through outstanding service
Business of the Year Award:
- Any one of the following would qualify a company to be nominated
- Reached a significant new level?
- Established new technology?
- Broken into a new market?
- The extent to which environmental and sustainability considerations are integrated into business objectives, strategies, plans and functions
Citzen of the Year Award:
- Someone who provided extraordinary service to the community of Delta
- Someone who has conducted their life with integrity
- A person who stands out amongst their peers